Thursday, July 29, 2010

Woodford my Woodstock

There is no need for me to bore everyone with history, for why I am who I am and why I enjoy the things that I do but for as long as I can remember music has been a solid foundation of my life.
Witnessing live music (to me) is the epitome of the enjoyment of music.
It takes the whole craft to another level and presents you with the raw essence of what is pressed for eternity.
A raw moment such as this is a fleeting one, very unique and rarely captured. Photographs and sound files are gems to discover and are alternative historical snapshots. How amazing to possess something so special, something eternally chronicled for everyone - people who were there, people who weren't, people who wanted to be & people who didn't know they wanted to be until the moment had passed.
Selfishly the snapshots I will take this weekend will be for me.
My memory is poor!
So, I will endeavour to take snapshots of Splendour in the Grass. To me this is that once in a lifetime moment, my Woodstock if you will, a great collection of music and musicians, of people from far and wide, and also a rejuvenation of discovery as I open my eyes and mind again to creation and thought, something that has been missing for some time.
Please join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment